A8L factory options upgrade

Tran$porter

Good morning everyone,

I have just purchased my first audi ever! It's a 2016 A8L 3.0 tdi SE Executive with comfort seats.  My burning question is: Is it possible to retro fit options that were not initially ordered by the original owner, the 2 items I am most interested in are 

Rear seat entertainment

Night vision assistant.

21" Rotor alloys - currently has 18"

I get if that if these are available, they would be a dealer fit and therefore expensive, but I was just wondering if the cars were pre-wired or not, 

cheers 

Fraser.

Hi Fraser, the wheels should be straightforward but unsure about the entertainment system. The entertainment system probably runs through the main unit in the dash. And the headrests might be slightly different 

what I do know is the tv factory option on the previous a8 was between £4000-£5,000! (No joke!) think on your model it was approx £2300-£2700

im in the process of taking pictures of all my Audi brochures so that members can have the benefit of the info. However it's taking a little while as there's a lot of pages to go through. 

cheers

Steve

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

Yeah, mine has the factory TV option and the comfort arm rest with AC controls and also I think the aperture for the rear entertainment controls but I get it the seats would be a real pain.  I didn't know if the harnesses are the same, making it plug and play or not. But I believe the system is wireless, I have been talking to audi about it today and they say it cant be done, but he didn't sound convinced while he was saying it lol.

Looking forward to the info your going to post.