New Audi Choice - Help

Hi all, good to be here.

I'm looking for some very general opinions really if possible.

I'm coming to the end of a three year business lease on a A3 hatchback (2014), 2.0TDI S-Line. I've had an A3 Sportback in the past too, with a merc between the two Audis.

I've decided on another Audi and need to make a decision.

I'm about to move to a fairly rural area and need a car with a bit more practicality. Whilst of course it's not ESSENTIAL as I'm in the South East, not Canada, I'd like a quattro purely for dealing with non-gritted roads for a week or two each year.

All that said, I'm keen on the shape of the A4 Avant and I want to treat myself to a 3 litre model.

Friends keep telling me to go for an A4 Allroad with this engine. I like it, a lot, but I can't see why I'd choose one over a regular 3 litre Avant with four wheel drive and an s-tronic gearbox. I think, JUST, that the Avant is marginally prettier and I'm guessing quicker and more engaging.

Bearing in mind I won't be driving across any fields, is the Avant the obvious choice over the Allroad? Or am I missing something? Is the Allroad appealing to many for that rural-looking, posh-image thing that many estate car drivers want? 

I like them both but I'm not that old and don't want to be bored in three months. 

Sorry if this question is generic and all down to personal opinion rather than a 'yes or no', but I'd love to hear some thoughts if possible.

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum :) 

you have a tough decision to make as both the a4 and a4 allroad are nice cars. 

The lowest spec a4 avant with the 218ps 3.0tdi, s tronic box and Quattro is a sport model which is approx £36,965 

the cheapest a4 all-road with the 218ps 3.0tdi, s tronic box and Quattro is the trim line spec (entry level) and is £38,695. 

It depends if you want to spend the extra money on the allroad 

In my opinion the allroad has more road presence. I see a white one when I am on my way back from work and it Deffo stands out. For an extra £600 you can have the allroad body kit painted the same colour as the car if you want to make it more subtle. 

The allroad has more exclusivity about it and the two models iv highlighted as comparison will drive similar to be honest as the engine power and gearboxes are the same. 

Hope iv helped :) 

cheers

steve

Hi Tom...welcome to the Forum

I agree with Steve Q the Allroad has it all, looks, true ability and plenty of kudos.  

Let us know how your decision goes.

Cheers,  Trevor