Audi 100 Avant L 1979

dawnuk

Hi guys,, I'm a very new member and was hoping I could ask your advice please.

I have inherited my fathers Audi 100 Avant L which is the 1979 automatic model. The bodywork is fab for its year, but from what I can see needs the following:-

- Timing Chain

- Petrol filler pipe

- Carburetor

- Set of hose pipes

- Throttle Cable

- Tail light bulb

- Side light bulb

And of course a little bit of a dust down and clean from where it has been stored in the garage (mum also used it to store the Christmas decorations :)  !! )

Do you guys think it would be worth doing up or selling on to a collector? I'm really stuck as to which way to go with it.

Many thanks

Dawn :)

0-02-04-3c16d42c98e0643774b1d86b6bb506d751e9019e266e301fbfa44d245ad6aa4b_full.jpg

0-02-04-45bc812c16a3289215f29b240ee38ebecb8405f86affdb9cb81c1beede53dfc4_full.jpg

Welcome to the forum Dawn :) 

WOW! That's not something you see every day!! 

In unrestored condition I believe it would be worth 2-5k but restored it could be worth up to 25k! 

If it were me I'd keep it, but im sentimental like that! 

My grandad had an Audi 100 too back in the 70s. 

In terms of work required I would thats a small amount for a car of that age! Clearly your father looked after it :) 

would love to see it at some shows :) 

cheers 

steve 

Thanks Steve Q - although I inherited the car, I was thinking about selling it it to help mum out, but was not sure if I should restore it first or sell it as a project. Dad really did love that car and was out every weekend cleaning it old school style :)

Your most welcome :)

I think to do the jobs listed you could be looking £500 baring in mind the cambelt/water pump change is the most costly part due to the labour involved.

naturally any classic with an mot will be worth more than one without. 

Cheers

steve