Audi A6 C7 Exhaust

Raza_300

Hi All,

I just had a straight pipe fitted along with the middle box removed and back box removed on my Audi A6 C7 2.0 tdi to try and make the exhaust louder. It's slightly improved but not as loud as I'd like it to be. I don't want to remove the dpf but are there any other things I can do?

Many Thanks,

Give PPTuning a call. They are very well priced and sell small sections or tail pipes etc.

However, you have a diesel turbo, the turbo kills so much of the noise and then add in a DPF and there is very little noise actually to come out of the exhaust.

i have a 2.5 5 cylinder TD 174bhp in my Transporter, I drove around for nearly a 1000 miles wondering what this weird noise was. When I walked up a small hill (my drive) I could see the down pipe joint had actually failed where it connects to the middle box. In essence I had a straight through system that was blowing out about 1m behind where I was sitting and it was still so quite. Lol

I am not an exhaust expert to be honest so not sure if you need to have a resonated or non resonated system though.

Thanks for the response Dan! I'll be sure to give PPTuning a call so frustrating how the A6 is a huge car (not built for speed or noise) but it looks mean so it's only right it should sound mean too!

Hey Raza I have a strait pipe and I would say it's noisy when on motorway... does not look great and I will have it changed in to stainless with at least resonator back.

Hi All,

Just a quick update and thanks for all the help.

Turned the car on this morning and the exhaust was almost growling and really deep higher up in the rev range sounds amazing!

Maybe it needed time to bed in?

• 2 months later...

Maybe by any chance you have video of your 2.0tdi exhoust sound test? I really want to change mine exhaust as well. But im afraid it might sound like one of those VW Boras with burnt rears lol