Just bought my first Audi !!

Evening All!

I'm Andrew from the North East. Recently my 05 Civic Type R was wrote off by a drunk driver hitting me from behind.

I decided to treat myself while I'm still young and don't have any kids (yet!).

Just bought a B8 S4 in white. Full service history, mainly Audi. 75,000mls.

Going to feel weird going from a front wheel drive 200bhp NA engine to a 3l V6 Quattro! Driving 300miles on Saturday to pick it up!

I was worried at first about the mileage on the car, but after. a lot of research I found as long as its been looked after the car should run for many years to come, fingers crossed.

Nice to meet you all.

Andrew.

IMG_5273.JPG

Welcome to the forum Andrew :) 

loveky look s4 you have there! 

Youll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch and if you have any questions then don't hesitate to ask :) 

cheers

steve

• Like 1

Hi Andrew....welcome to the Forum

That looks really mean!  Bet you're excited to be picking it up and driving the miles back with it....can't think of anything better :-)

Cheers,  Trevor

cheers all, few more days to go before picking it up!

One question though as I am looking at loads of forums and getting mixed answers... 

How does the Timing Chain hold up on these (providing it is well serviced) as a whole? is it a £4000 job to replace like the older V8?

Just wondering with mine being on the 75k mileage.

Thanks !!

Andrew

I'm not sure of the definitive answer on this one, but it would almost certainly be cheaper to replace before it ever failed and takes out the whole engine with it.

I wonder how much the combined parts are and then find a Mechanic who will quote for the job with parts supplied, maybe quite a bit cheaper?