Audi Connect Traffic licence

David073

Hi, I've been searching online for this but can't find the definitive answer?

When I got the car I signed up for Audi connect and used the App on my phone to send destinations etc. I was given a PIN number and had access to google maps, weather, local info, news etc.

Using Nav for the 1st time last week I tried to switch on traffic but got a licence expired message? I called Audi who advised they'd renew it free for 12 months as they don't have a system in place to administer, so now my system is showing it has been renewed.

My question is that I'm not actually sure what I've renewed as I seemed to have access to all the main functions prior to renewing the licence?

looking online, people seem to be referring to the licence being required for google maps etc, but as I say I already had this?

Does the licence therefore just affect traffic support within Navigation?

thanks

David

Hi David

Usually, updating a licence only gives you Traffic support with the occasional Map update that I'm aware of. Possibly also, breakdown assistance and crash incident support.

Definitely worth checking with them what you are actually paying a subscription for

Cheers,  Trevor