Water dripping through engine

Js1985

21 minutes ago, dan_avant170 said:

Are the scuttle tray drain holes blocked?

We had this on a Megane about 3 years ago. I took off the wiper arms, took of the scuttle tray and pushed a long screw driver down the drain holes. A big lump of mushed leaves came out underneath the car and the water gushed out.

24 minutes ago, Baggy said:

We had this on a Megane about 3 years ago. I took off the wiper arms, took of the scuttle tray and pushed a long screw driver down the drain holes. A big lump of mushed leaves came out underneath the car and the water gushed out.

I agree with Rob, the scuttle trays often get blocked. Just make sure it's not leaking into the cabin! I say this as it has been know to happen on older Audi models. Such as the a6 c5

• 1 month later...

If you take you battery out you should be able to find the two drainage holes, they get blocked over time with all manner of gunk. One is directly under the battery, the other is under the brake/clutch master cylinder. you need to take the battery out to get access though. I've had to do this earlier this year.

• 1 month later...