How to remove seat in Audi A7

Niki

Hi Everyone,

I am a new member of the forum as a new owner of an Audi A7 2012 3.0 Tdi quattro. 

When I buy a new car that is used I like to change all the fluids, filters, belts and other parts that need to be done or that there isn`t history that have been done, after this I like to clean it in every possible way that I can, when i say clean I mean: wheels inside out, wheel arches, the under floor, paint the brake calipers and fix any possible rust points, clean engine take the plastic covers from top and bottom and clean them, then clean door jambs , take the seats out clean them and the rails, clean the carpets and all other interior parts, disinfect the Ac system with foam, do a ozone treatment, polish the paint in  3 stage process, polish the glass, protect the paint with ceramic coating, protect the plastics, protect the leather seats, protect the glass and carpets.

The A7 has leather seats which are heated, electric adjusted  and have airbags , can I disconnect the battery and then remove them or will I get any codes if I remove the battery or the seats? 

Thank you for your time, and sorry if the topic is too long.

Hi Donik...welcome to the Forum

Sounds like you want to sort it from top to bottom, only real way to truly know your car is by properly detailing it in my opinion.

If you want to remove the seats then you will need to remove the battery negative terminal and leave it disconnected for at least 30 minutes before attempting to unplug any electrical connections.

If you have disconnected the battery then chances are you will lose a lot of the settings unless you use a memory saver which will keep the electronic memory but not enough to power systems.

Good luck and post up some photos when it is stripped back as it would be interesting to see how far you get into it

Cheers,   Trevor