HELP NEEDED! car wont start, glow plug light does not come on

WillSilv

Hi everyone,

Iv had a massive issue with my 2000 a4 b5 avant 1.9tdi recently! it started off with occasionally i would need to turn the key back and forth a couple times till the glow plug light came on and it would start, this deteriorated to being sat there for almost an hour turning the ignition on and off until the glow plug light fired and it would start fine. The engine always cranks but will not start without the glow plug light coming on. Now the light never comes on and its been sat in the drive for too long.

Iv looked at the main ECU relay 219 which many people believed could be the source of the issue but that is fine, iv even got a spare one and the problem is still there. Another fault which has my symptoms is the camshaft position sensor or crank position sensor i cant remember which, however there is no engine light or codes coming up on my code reader. One code which did appear was something to do with missing the CAN bus signal. My theory is that its ecu related and there may be some faulty wiring or connections or relay somewhere but im at my wits end with it!

any suggestions very much appreciated

thanks