Subwoofer taking up spare wheel space.

JQ5

Hi

As I have no spare wheel / collapsible or normal sized, what’s the best thing to do if I have a puncture?

1. Have the foam that solidifies in the tyre?

2. Pre fill the tyres with a liquid sealant like ‘ride on’?

3. A puncture repair kit where you make the hole bigger and plug it with a rubber bung?

4. R.A.C to tow me home - or

5. Get a collapsible wheel from Audi for £175 and keep it in the boot space?

all suggestions from anyone would be appreciated. 

Cheers

I swear by 'Slime' in all my vehicle tyres...have only found one tyre on my MX5 has an imbalance issue but otherwise all other vehicle tyres (including my motorbike) have no issues at all.

I'd always want a spare wheel as let's face it, if you buckle your wheel when you puncture the Tyre, no amount of foam can fix that! 

But then again is £175 for a spare wheel cheaper than your break down cover? This would need to weighed up against how long you keep your car if you see what I mean? 

Cheers

Steve 

• Like 1

I’ve got RAC full cover - collect me and anyone in any vehicle that I am in, take us home or to a garage etc. 

I’ll be using ‘ride on’ in all 4 tyres, similar but apparently better than slime. 

Tyre repair guys are meant to prefer it when repairing a puncture as it’s easier to clean up after they take the tyre off the rim : )

dont think I will be using Audi’s own tyre repair canister that’s in the boot with the Audi tyre inflator