2.0 TDI 143 Airbox Rattle

SeanA4
聽Share

Morning all.聽

Just popped the bonet whilst the engine was running. I noticed one hell of a rattle from the Airbox. If I press on it. It stops.聽 Anyone else had this?

Also, is it a cambelt or cam chain? It sounds like a chain to me.聽 I hope it is 馃槀 the attachment shows the sticker on the cover. Another sticker says CJCA

Thanks in advance.

Se谩n

CamCover.jpg

Hi Sean,

Air box is only located by rubber grommets and not screwed or bolted down. Mine does the same and only replacing the rubber grommets will it quite down.

My 2012 A4 TDI is rubber belt not chain. This can be expensive job to do as most of the front of the car has to come off to access the timing belt.

But if your not shaw the belt聽has been done ( check audi history ) and is up to 90,000 miles or up to rubber life then change belt. Also change the water pump at the same time to safe on future grief.

Hope this helps:thumbup1:

right ok, thanks for the reply. I'd best聽try and find some of those rubber grommets then, it annoys the hell out of me聽聽 I managed to remove the top of the cam cover slightly just before leaving site.聽 The belt does look pretty good.聽 I did notice two gears that are connected.聽 I'm unfamiliar with Audi engines, could that be聽 the reason why it sounds chain driven?聽 Still pulls like a train so I'm not worried.聽 Just curious聽:yes:

Sean