Retro fit heated seat

TinaPotter

im looking to have a heated driver seat fitted in my 2010 a3 cabriolet, wonder if anyone has any advice on how to choose a fitter, questions to ask or things to take into consideration please

Edited by TinaPotter
model details added

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum Tina, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

The two options you have is either replace the front seats with ones fitted with heated seats as standard. Or the other option is to have your seats dismantled and having the heater elements installed. Once either option has been chosen then you will need the wiring loom installed and switches fitted. This may require a different facia panel on the dash. It will also then be needed to be coded into the cars computer.

Either way it will be very expensive to retro fit the heated seats but it can be done. 

Sorry I can't help more.

Cheers

Steve

can i tell you my story? computer upgrade re emissions damaged my A3 cab engine. audi main dealer norwich have had my car since september and eventually have replaced engine block! ive no idea whether they or audi paid for it in end.

meanwhile, i moved to orkney and have been driving around in a 2017 quattro of theirs. ive never had heated seats before, do cold water swimming, love them!

main dealer wouldnt fit me heated seats but recommended Trimstar. i couldnt find them, they didnt seem to exist anymore. rang round loads of places, not happy with answers or way i was spoken to when i tried to ask questions. posted everywhere i could think of to find advice.

i searched web and found a blog referring to trimstar. i wrote to blog owner and was told trimstar partners split and now exists as http://www.theonlywayiscustom.co.uk/heated-seats.html i rang them and felt i was treated openly and fairly.

my car is ready but main dealer cant find a driver to drive it up to orkney to get their car back (850miles each way, i wonder why not!) so it will wait until 27dec when im home. im having heated seats fitted as christmas present to myself. same seats, heat pads fitted.

ps 2 degree swim in the reservoir this morning, no wonder i need heated seats! lol