Crank shaft sensor

Chromefox

Hi all just a quick question my car broke down on way to work this morning the AA says it’s crank shaft sensor I have bought one but can’t find it anywhere on the car could someone point me in the location to look at please cheers Craig 

oh it’s 2.4 auto cab if that makes any difference 

• 5 months later...

On 12/7/2017 at 8:10 PM, Chromefox said:

Hi all just a quick question my car broke down on way to work this morning the AA says it’s crank shaft sensor I have bought one but can’t find it anywhere on the car could someone point me in the location to look at please cheers Craig 

oh it’s 2.4 auto cab if that makes any difference 

Hi mate, a common failure on VAG cars, I just changed mine yesterday before it fails. If you look at the bulkhead behind the coolant reservoir there's three large electrical connectors. The grey one in the middle is for the crank angle sensor follow the wire and it will lead you to the sensor.

It will be around the oil filter area and is held by one ten mm bolt, I changed mine when I had the oil filter off for better access.

Here's a guide https://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/Audi_B6_A4/12-ENGINE-Crankshaft_Positioning_Sensor_Replacement/12-ENGINE-Crankshaft_Positioning_Sensor_Replacement.htm