RS5 tyres

Moravca81

Hello, just wondered if anyone experienced problem with tyres on their rs5, I have had to purchase 2 sets already ( Bridgestone ) in the last 2 years as they seem to perish very quickly.

it is somewhat shocking as I don’t drive the car very often and never had this problem with any other Audi I owned.

thanks

roger

Welcome to the forum Roger, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

When you say perish, do you mean the side walls have split? 

Have you got any pictures?

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve, it’s more the outside tread on the tyre, it’s cracking and perishing.

i had to replace the first set last April, only 12 months after I purchased the car much to my shock but thought that perhaps the tyres were faulty in the first place,

and yesterday I was told that the tyres will need replacing again soon!

i hardly drive the car, perhaps that’s why

thank you

27 minutes ago, Moravca81 said:

Hi Steve, it’s more the outside tread on the tyre, it’s cracking and perishing.

i had to replace the first set last April, only 12 months after I purchased the car much to my shock but thought that perhaps the tyres were faulty in the first place,

and yesterday I was told that the tyres will need replacing again soon!

i hardly drive the car, perhaps that’s why

thank you

You're welcome :) I know there have been issues with Dunlop maxx tyres splitting on the side walls. However I use Bridgestone tyres and have found they are wearing on the outer edge more than normal.

My a6 has used Bridgestone tyres for the last 10 years at least. But it's only happened on this most recent set I have. It's only happened on the front tyres though. My a6 is FWD, non Quattro and has 16" wheels. 

I'll get a picture over the weekend to show you mine. I have been keeping them on the correct Tyre pressures as well. 

Cheers

Steve

Here's the pic of my tyre as promised, sorry it's Abit late though. I know it's only a minor edge wear but it's still happening despite the tracking being all good and pressures all good. 

Also I know on the a7 there has been an issue with Dunlop maxx tyres splitting. Here's the thread: 

Sorry I can't help more. 

Cheers

Steve

IMG_20180221_114723.jpg