Aftermarket headunit, sub and amp in an Audi A4 (B6)

Arcaned

I received the ISO wiring harness yesterday (Autoleads PC9-404) and although this did the job the wiring loom didnt match up with my Sony headunit. I did some research to find that there isn't a switched live on the B6 as it's all ran through CAN-BUS. I managed to find a site through Google which explained how to run your own switched live from the fuse box. My car didn't have the telephone installed so fuse 5 was free to use. I crimped a new wire onto this and ran it straight to the headunit... Voila! that's one problem out of the way.

Today i decided to start installing my aftermarket sub and amp. Im pretty good with this sort of installation so didn't do any research and so far so good. Iv managed to run the power cable to the boot and it's well hidden all round which im quite impressed with. Iv now got to run the remote wire and Aux cables to the boot which i will be running down the opposite side so there is no interference from the power cable.

I will keep you all informed with the installation and unfortunately iv forgot to take any photos of the progress. If anyone needs any help with wiring, routes to use etc i will do my best to help out.

Iv finally managed to finish the installation. I had no problems running the Aux and Remote cable to the boot but i did have problems finding a suitable ground point for the amplifier. Iv made a temporary one for now which is attached to the chassis with a bolt but i don't like the idea of the cable travelling such a distance so i will make a more suitable ground point closer to the amplifier tomorrow.

On the headunit i only have 1 set of pre-outs (phonos) so had to dash off and buy a 'male -> 2 female splitter' as the ISO PC9-404 also uses the phono connection. I think my next step is to un-hook the built in amplifier and subwoofer but that means i will also have to rewire the back speakers straight to the headunit as they are powered by the built in amplifier at the moment.

Other than that, it sounds brilliant, i now have music on an 8GB USB pen and the overall installation don't look too bad (Excluding the headunit lights up blue and everything else is red) but that's no biggy. All wiring is hidden nicely down the door trims and i managed to fit a switch in the glovebox which allows me to switch the power off to the amplifier.

Parts Used

----------------

* Audi A4 02-05 Fascia Adaptor

* Autoleads PC9-404 Smartlead

* 2 x Male to 2 Female Adaptors

* 10 AWG Wiring Kit

* 12" 1100 Watt JBL Subwoofer

* 12" Single Subwoofer Box

* 600 Watt Amplifier

* 1 Farad Powercap

* Sony Headunit

Latest Video -

• 2 years later...

Hi I know this is a old thred but just wondering if you had any problems with bass not coming into the cabin much I've just put sub and amp in my b6 saloon its loud as you like in the boot but when sat in the front its like its not there. Heard of people cutting ski hatch out or porting the shelf did you have to do anything like that to make it sound good?

Thanks