A6 2005 3.0 tdi quattro estate buying advice

plentyofhuskies

Hi ive found a 05 a6 estate 3.0 tdi manual with awd fsh estate near me for 3k with 160k on clock just had 4 new tyres and service 2k ago. Refurbed alloys and 2 manifold sensors just done. Is it worth a look?

How reliable and well built are these cars? I understand this is a v6  which daunts me slightly on big future bills? Will it likely be expensive in repairs over next 5 years. Im looking a biggish estate well built ideally a bit of poke or fun that doesnt cost the earth to last probably 5 years or so at least. I will keep my current car as spare or for the miss. Whats likely to kill this sort of car? Thanks

Cars are well build . Check for rust in and around the car , underneeth 

As to the engine its a 3.0tdi bmk unit . Mostly good but do suffer from chain and injector issues . 

With chain look for a 2 - 3 seconds metalic rattle on start up , its a sign of failing top tensioners. Costly to fix as the engine needs to come out ( chain is on the back of the engine ) 

Thanks so ideally if all those have been recently done or no signs of needing done soon then it should be a decent buy. Im also only doing about 7k miles year max.i heard about cooling fan as well and rear wiper and water under front cup holder. For injectors to check for smoke how do i check if turbo is ok. I guess suspension could be a problem at this age mileage ? Thanks