Management light

Eddbrtl

Hi all

Newbie, just been driving along sweet as a nut, when the engine management light popped up. No warning no issues before that, ive done about 100 miles in it today

I did have a weird spluttering the other day which i was told was most likely the DPF so took it out for a run, since then its fine until today.

Been no lose of power just the light...any ideas?? 

Its a 2010 A4 Avant 2.0 ltr diesel

Welcome to the forum Edward, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

Well the light could be to do with DPF. Did you take it for a good motorway run once you.heaed it could be the DPF. Also do you know if you have had the emissions recall carried out, and if so when? 

My other advice would be to get a diagnostic check carried out to see what fault codes flag up.

Cheers

Steve

Hi steve thanks for welcome

I must admit my first thought was the dpf and it could do with a long motorway run. I have stuck a diagnostic on it the code po401 which comes up with a list revolving around the EGR.

A friend has suggested it could just to do with the temperature change with the weather having been so changeable the last week as he had similar issues with his old B7 A4 one of the last before they changed to the B8. 

As for the emission recall tbh ive no idea, there isnt anything in the paperwork i have for it (ive only owned the car since August) is there a way i can check?

You're welcome :) 

Hmm, well if it's the EGR/ EGR cooler than this could be expensive to fix. When I worked at volkswagen in the service department it would cost over £1k to fix sorry to say. 

Here's the link to the Audi website to help with regard to the emissions recall:

https://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/emissions/check-your-car.html

Cheers

Steve