Limp Mode - Boost Leak?

TomsA3

Less than a week of owning it and it's broken already lol...

Thought I could hear a boost leak yesterday but while accelerating hard onto the dual carriageway it lost power and dropped into limp mode today.  Still runs and drives just no power.  No warnings on dash but stored fault code is for overboost.  

Pretty sure the turbo vanes are alright as the boost noise changes dependant on load as you'd expect.

Are there any common boost leaks on the 2.0PD 140 engine or is this likely to be something else? 

Should be getting VCDS soon but only have a generic scanner atm.

Thanks

Tom

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I had the same problem a year ago accelerated hard then found I had no power. I pulled over and called the AA out who found the bottom right hand pipe had popped  of the inter cooler as the clip had broken. Managed to nurse the car home after the AA had pushed the pipe back on and advised me to drive sedately. I took the car to my local garage who had a look and fitted a new clip and so far not had another problem.

Thanks.  I posted this a month ago though lol.

It's over boosting when pushed hard, most likely sticky turbo vanes.  It's fine when driven normally, only an issue if I push it.