Emissions recall audi a4

Kylet1990

Hey everyone, I have recently purchased a 61 plate audi a4 tdi 2.0, it's the 136bhp model with £30 A year road tax. I've just checked on the Audi website and realised it has the recall for the emissions software. I've read through multiple threads does anyone have any recent info on it? Im under the impression that I don't need to get it done if I'm not happy with it? Cheers everyone 

Hello Kyle,

There are some good points here, and to me No. 1 is that you are reading up on it and asking for advice, rather than asking for advice after submitting it for a recall, and the proverbial has hit the fan. 

OK bad news, and as Mr. Trump would agree, fake news, travels fast, - good news not so fast- but it can only be left in your hands to decide whether to risk the recall following reading some of the outcomes on here and no doubt other forums. 

Question :- are you happy with it as it is? If yes, well this might also influence your decision. 

If it were mine, I wouldn't go near a 'recall', and to ensure this doesn't happen, I would keep the car well away from any VAG dealer and probably  any independents - just to ensure you don't end up ...' We've carried out the recall sir, as part of your service!' Too late then.

Hope this helps in some way.

Kind regards,

Gareth,

p.s. It could be worth checking (via. VIN and/or reg. Number ) if any recall has indeed been carried out before you bought it. 

Thanks for that Magnet, I've given audi a call and they confirmed the recall has yet to be done. So I politely turned down there offer as it is a voluntary recall and I did not want to risk my reliability etc. They did inform me that I would receive a 24 month warranty on the fuel system and exhaust system components however it would only stand if audi could confirm a problem was the result of the emissions fix. He did say however that they have yet to find a case that a problem resulted from the fix so clearly the warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on. I have seen instances as you said of people taking there cars to audi for servicing etc and them doing the recall without permission, so safe to say they will never see my Audi in there garages again. 

Thanks Kyle.

Pleased you've made your decision. I don't see this forum needing to inform what should be done, but simply drawing attention to useful information and - in my case-  going as far at to indicate what I would do under the circumstances. 

Enjoy the car.

Kind regards,

Gareth.