A6 Avant 2L TFSI (C6) DSP J525 Fault - Windscreen Washer Pipe Failure

Bison

Hi All,

i am new to the forum and websit so please be gentle.

please accept my apologies if this has been asked before but As I said I am new to the site and a new Audi owner so I am unfamiliar with your protocols

i recently purchased an Audi A6 Avant which is a 57 plate.  It was registered Jan 2008 so it could be a C5 model.  

After approximately a month of ownership the MMI screen packed in.  After tangling with Audi uk Customer Services they agreed to a diagnostic check (FOC). I knew what the initial fault was, a broken rear windscreen washer pipe.  The carnage amongst the electrics because of the water  escape was ridiculous.  Who in the right mind would route a water pipe where the escape of water could destroy what is essentially the central nervous system is beyond me.  Anyway I digress.

Audi Cardif diagnosed that the DSP J525 unit was not functioning.  Further diagnostics to follow after this unit has been replaced.  They wanted to charge me £1350 to sort it out.  Naturally I challenged the cost with Audi UK because in my view it was a design fault.  This was to no avail.  Hhuuurrrrmmmppphhh!

i am reasonably technically minded so I would like to replace the DSP J525 unit  and the Washer pip myself.

My questions are as follows:

1.  Where can I purchase a DSP J525 unit without going through Audi or are there alternative options for sourcing said item?

2.  The rear windscreen washer pipe seems to be a bog standard pipe.  Is anyone aware of the specification of the pipe so I can buy it by the meter?

3.  Any help and advice will be gratefully received.

Thank you in advance.

Bison

Its a common fault . 

For the record you have C6 not c5 🙂

C5 was up to 2004. And c7 is from 2011.

1. the amplituner is eaay to get on eBay. Have a look on the old one for a part number and search on eBay. The only problem would be CP . Audi have component protection on some modules to prevent theft . This needs to be removed othervise it wont work ( well it will on 1 speaker ) . This can be removed by audi or someone who has the equipment ( google for CP removal )  . Once cp is removed its just a simple swap with the old one.

2.re pipe anything will do as long as it dosent leak again ! 

• 2 months later...

Thank you very much for your response.  Please accept my apologies for my delayed response.  It was due to several unprecedented factors.  Anyway I wanted to acknowledge your help. Thank you.