2.0 TDI Rough Idle (judder), and Excessive Smoking from Cold Start

Lion Heart

Hi guys

Hoping you can help me out a bit with this as done a lot of research online and found LOTS of people having the exact same/very similar issues with their 2.0 TDI engines across the Audi range. Mine is the A6 2.0 TDI 2008. However, in all the research I did nobody was providing a single solution. So hoping someone may recognise my symtoms...

When all warmed up seems very happy indeed.

However, from a cold start the revs can be a little juddery. You can feel a light shaking to the car. When you increase the revs it seems to 'stutter'.

I have taken a video. You may be able to make out the light shaking/juddering. Watch as revs increase:

This is accompanied by excessive smoke, which I would say is white. Check it out:

Any ideas very welcome!

Quick update on this...

Today I removed the EGR valve. Yes, dirty and some carbonin there, but nothing ridiculous. All cleaned and ready to refit.

I also connected up Vag Com which showed no issues on the auto scan. I did the live data and tested 013 injector quality quickly.

Admittedly engine was not particularly hot (especially at first).

I noted on idle injector readings fluctuated a bit, but at one stage I saw this:

-1.01 -0.05 1.22 -0.28

I'm not an expert at all on these readings, but I think from my research that up to =-1.1 in acceptable?

So injector 3 a little high there. But like I say, it fluctuated and dropped back down to normal levels, and all four seemed reasonably happy.

So then I revved up to 2,000 ropm which is where the stuttery/judder happens as per my video above. I got this readon this time, which I could repeat with similar results each time:

2.31 All others around 0.78 mark

So injector 1 standing out on it's own with a high figure running up to 2,000 rpm. I assume that can't be normal?