Exhaust sound module, is it active in the UK

SBirkett

I believe the A7 BiTDI comes with a sound module to change the sound of the exhaust and this can be switched on or off through the user HMI panel. I think there is an option to change the exhaust to Dynamic mode. Can anyone confirm this please?

Regards,

Steve.

I have the last of the 2017 (pre 2018 facelift) models and I'm afraid I cannot confirm but what I can say is, when the car is in sport drive (not dynamic) - the exhaust noise goes deeper and sounds very nice when hard accelerating when compared to normal drive.

I have a 2014 Bitdi, I can turn on the louder exhaust by either switching to 'dynamic' mode or by switching to 'individual' mode and setting the exhaust option to dynamic. 

I've had the car for a few months now and absolutely love it. I'm really interested in the activesound upgrade, perhaps from Milltek but I need more advice or recommendations. Anyone on here have experience or a advice? 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I had the a6 avant bi turbo on loan when my A7 was In the fixers (again) flick the dial to dynamic and you get the lusty belch (growl) out of the exhaust, M6 toll road bridges are great fun on the throttle

• 3 months later...

The Dynamic exhaust mode is unbelievable, and has to be heard to understand how great it is.  I initially wanted an S7, mainly for the performance, but also the v8 sound.  However, I couldn't get one for the spec, age and mileage that I could afford.  Then saw a video on youtube of a bitdi and I was sold!  After all, the bitdi is nearly as quick to 60 (5.2 vs 4.6), has far better economy, and with the active exhaust, sounds just as nice too.

And, as it's an actual exhaust resonator, it's not as fake as other systems that pipe sound through the speakers or use the windscreen to make a noise.

Oh, and another thing, on post facelift A7s S-Line spec, you get among other great toys, the matrix LED headlights, which I wanted.  However as the S7 doesn't get the S-line spec, so S7s with matrix are rare as it required the original purchaser to have ticked the box....

I installed the Kufatec active sound module a couple of months ago. The already impressive stock sound in the active exhaust was transformed even further. More configuration and options about how loud and how different. 

A good investment in my view. 

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Quick question in relation to the exhaust sounds for the A7.  I'm just about to purchase a 2017 Audi A7 3.0 TDI Quattro 215bhp.  Any idea if this comes with the option to change exhaust sounds through MMI?   Purchasing more for the fuel efficiency as do a lot of miles but hoping there is the option for a better exhaust sound.

any help appreciated!