After some help / advice

snaarffie

Hi people,

Just after some advice if I can ask. I had to replace my ignition barrel and the housing? That has the stearing lock on as it wouldn't turn the key. (Yay fun job those sheer bolt) popped the old switch out the end and placed in the new unit. Rebuilt it all and now I have some issues. The key fob no longer lets me lock or unlock the car and quite possibly related I seem to have a drain on the battery now. Can't for the life of me guess what I could have possibly done as I have never had any battery issues before and looking for some pointers on what to check for.

The car is a 58plate A3 sportback 1.6 if that helps 

(Hope that makes sense - been a very long day)

John

Cheers cliff I'll take a look at the post. I ended up taking the ignition barrel and everything out again last night and gave it all a good clean with contact cleaner and there seems to be alot less power when I connect the battery now (was getting quite the arc before when connecting battery back) and the car started in the morning which is a good sign. Was hoping that when I drilled the lock it was just abit of metal I missed causing a short.

Only thing I can see now is the hazard button is lit up 24/7 now. Don't remember that being on all the time before this. And still trying to get the key fob to work again