Attempted break in? Anyone seen this before?

Me?

Hi all

Bit puzzled by this, so hoping for some help. Recently, my car alarm has gone off a few times. The first couple of times, my sister was in the car with my nephew, and they weren't sure what set it off, so I figured it must have been a sensor triggered by movement in the car when the doors are locked (the button to switch this on/off are inside the driver door pocket, and I was fiddling with this recently trying to work out what the buttons were for, so may well have switched it on).

However, yesterday it went off when the car was parked at home and it hadn't moved for a day or so. I went out, switched it off, had a look over the car and all looked well. I wondered what it was, but never thought too much of it. However, today, my sister pointed out some scratches on the rear door which I had never noticed before (they are right where the door opens, as if someone has tried to prize the door open). The door also seemed a little ajar, but not enough to trigger a dashboard warning that the door is open.

Does anyone think this is an attempted break in? Maybe it's just vandalism? It seems an odd attempt to break in via, and I wouldn't rule out vandalism either (some of my neighbours are absolute $h!75), but I'm just not sure at the moment.

Any help would be much appreciated.