New Audi A7 Arriving MUCH earlier than predicted - yay!

lpjn
聽Share

Hey!

Newcomer to the Forums and my first post - so go easy on me聽馃槈

I ordered a 2019 Audi A7 with the 50TDI Engine at the beginning of October 2018 under the knowledge I may have to wait until 2019 to have my build week allocated, however in a stark change of events my build week was drastically changed to week 46 of 2018 (this week), not only that but it has already been built and is on its way from the factory as of today!

I often see people talking about how slow the delivery process is but it seems I've got really lucky here, my last car (2017 A3) took 4 months to be delivered as an example!

I'll be sure to post some pictures on this thread when it arrives in the next week or two (fingers crossed).

Hello Luke,

Pleased for you, and聽probably putting a dampener on this great event, but you will appreciate that within a space of聽approx. 4 weeks from being registered new, this car will technically be a year older.聽

Yes, I know the dealer will be convincing in their arguement that a Dec. registered car will have the same value as one聽registered in Jan. of the following聽year, but........... reality? After all, December is an understandingly slow month for vehicle registrations, and they will be clapping their hands at聽the thought of聽every car they can get a number plate on in this month.聽

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Magnet said:

Hello Luke,

Pleased for you, and聽probably putting a dampener on this great event, but you will appreciate that within a space of聽approx. 4 weeks from being registered new, this car will technically be a year older.聽

Yes, I know the dealer will be convincing in their arguement that a Dec. registered car will have the same value as one聽registered in Jan. of the following聽year, but........... reality? After all, December is an understandingly slow month for vehicle registrations, and they will be clapping their hands at聽the thought of聽every car they can get a number plate on in this month.聽

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Yea you're so right!

Thankfully I got the 拢63k tag down to 拢51k through CarWOW, it's also a long term PCP so residual value after 3 years won't affect me as much as it would somebody buying outright. Currently I'm just eager to get it as I've been without a car for a couple weeks now!

Luke

Apologies Luke.

It's an aging thing, where PCPs were once unheard of! As I understand it, the majority of new cars are now registered under a PCP.

This early delivery may now be a bonus for you, since I guess the figures quoted would have been based on a 2019 registration and the all important residual value calculate on that. The fact that it will now be registered in 2018 must affect the residual, but if they are not going to adjust the figures then, as you say, it will not affect your payments, so no consequence.

Enjoy it.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Apologies Luke.

It's an aging thing, where PCPs were once unheard of! As I understand it, the majority of new cars are now registered under a PCP.

This early delivery may now be a bonus for you, since I guess the figures quoted would have been based on a 2019 registration and the all important residual value calculate on that. The fact that it will now be registered in 2018 must affect the residual, but if they are not going to adjust the figures then, as you say, it will not affect your payments, so no consequence.

Enjoy it.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

You old dog! 馃槈聽thank you 馃檪