Just bought my dream car KINDA, I need some opinions and advice.

A7_Cdo

Okay so Saturday 8th December was my collection day, I picked up my 2013 Audi A7 Black edition Quattro S-Tronic, Daytona Pearl grey with an extensive list of extras, this is what made me go for it in the end because sadly I couldn’t find a 245PS model with the amount of factory options mine has. So I went for the 204, so it’s kind of my dream car, BiTDI Black edition is the dream car when the price creeps down to my budget 😅. So Obviously I have it booked in for a Remap Monday from a trusted and highly recommended garage around my area. I am wondering if anybody has the same model as me with a remapped engine and can describe the power increase / Torque. It will go from 201bhp to 255bhp and 450 N.M to 550 N.M.

Also how is there different variants of engine? They’re all 3 litre turbo diesel so it is puzzling as to why others produce more power. Bigger turbo maybe? 

This is is my first post and first ever Audi so go easy in the comments.

Thanks for reading and look forward to your reply’s 

Cal

57090250-83DC-4F86-81A5-D64F2AC431B8.thumb.png.0af5b2e99b2a0c1ed51e025130825e23.png

• Like 1

Hello Callum,

Congratulations on your new car - it looks very nice.

Not wanting to rain on your parade, but .....'obviously I booked it in for a remap... ' For me, the first port of call would be a thorough service ( not a pre - sales type service) to ensure all filters etc. are serviceable and that the car is running at its optimum performance before attempting to increase its current performance. 

Good luck with it and enjoy it.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

3 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Callum,

Congratulations on your new car - it looks very nice.

Not wanting to rain on your parade, but .....'obviously I booked it in for a remap... ' For me, the first port of call would be a thorough service ( not a pre - sales type service) to ensure all filters etc. are serviceable and that the car is running at its optimum performance before attempting to increase its current performance. 

Good luck with it and enjoy it.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Thanks for the reply and advice Gareth, So it was last serviced at Audi main dealership in Poole, back end of August so I’m quite happy with that, I checked levels etc and oil through the onboard computer system. I absolutely love the car every time I look at it I just smile, the amount of heads this car turns which i’m not used to if I’m honest but it’s such a piece of art I know what I was like seeing one of these on the road. Just touching back on the servicing, how much ruffly is a major service at Audi, I was going to give them a call but I was on hold for quite a while and gave up. 

Cheers 

Cal

Hello Callum, 

If this was last serviced at the main dealer in August, then it sounds good. It might be worth checking what level of service it had then, and I believe they can send you a schedule since you are the registered keeper. Take a note of when the air filter was last changed and if not within say the last 15K miles, then personally I would replace it.

Kind regards,

Gareth.