Android auto stereo installation

onur

Hello everyone. I have an audi a3 se sportback. I would like to upgrade my car stereo. I have found this unit, Sony XAV AX100, from https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-XAV-AX100-Receiver-Bluetooth-CarPlay/dp/B01LY8222N/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1550243837&sr=8-3&keywords=sony+xav+ax100 . Now, I have been reading some other forums and watching installation videos, and I got confused. Can anyone here tell me what parts I will need to fit this unit? As far as I am aware, I need:

-A facia (this black frame thing, i think)

-A metal frame to hold the unit

-Steering wheel control wiring interface,

-a fm/am adaptor.

Will that be all? Then, what models of these parts do I need? Does anyone have any experience in this regard?

Thanks in advance

Onr

Hello Onur,

First of all, after removing the factory head unit, you should remove the climate panel and cut the plastic parts under the frame which surrounds the ESP switch and the other blank (dead) covers so that you can get a space for double din size in there. I placed the climate panel bottom just above the ashtray. So, the head unit is retrofitted in between the switches and the climate panel. You can find the useful info in the topic below. Should you have any further assistance and information, please let me know.

Good luck...