Windscreen de-mister

Jake_g1

Morning all. My de-mister has given up and no air is coming out of the vents. Al other vents are working... I have removed the glove box and checked the motor, when I removed the motor and tested it it worked straight away, however put back together same issue and it won't open the vents. Any advice. I'd rather it worked properly than just leave the vents open all the time. Although that is my last resort. Thanks

Can I ask what might be an obvious question, the fan it’s self is blowing air and it comes out of face and feet vents but when you try to move the controls to make air come out of the screen vent no air comes out of that? Long question lol

7 minutes ago, Dan3222 said:

Can I ask what might be an obvious question, the fan it’s self is blowing air and it comes out of face and feet vents but when you try to move the controls to make air come out of the screen vent no air comes out of that? Long question lol

Yes buddy, everything else is working fine, just the windscreen vents refusing to open

16 minutes ago, Dan3222 said:

Ok, is the controls automated, ie you have climate control? Or do you have manual knobs to turn to change where the air comes out of?

It's auto, I have been through all the different cycles and as I say when I select demist the motor won't open the fans, when the motor is disconnected from the green arm it moves freely though

Ok, so the green arm is the one that moves that should open close the vents? If so, it is very likely that the cable/wire that goes to the vents is kinked somewhere. It’s quite common but more so on manual knobs tbh. Either that or something has fallen into the vents stopping them opening. 

See if you can trace the cable though, you might be able to straighten it out but it might need a bit of support like a splint to stop it happening again in the same place.

i hope this helps

As I say the motor itself moves freely when the green arm isn't attached and I can manually move the vents with the green arm but put them together and nothing so I don't think it's a cable. The arm is perhaps too stiff? It doesn't look like it's as simple to remove the arm to loosen it up though

Is the part with the green arm/lever available as a secondhand part? If you say that the cable moves the vents easy enough by hand then u are probably right it’s the motor/lever that’s the issue at a guess. Difficult to say.