Carista mod. ADS doesn't work

Shan1

Hello all.

I'm new to the forum and a new owner for an Audi S4 Avant S-tronic (b8.5).

Just changed from a F30 335i which was also a great car.

The Quattro system makes the car shoot off the line like a stabbed rat and it sounds much better than the 335i all the way to the red line and gear changes.

So, I have started doing small mods to the car already and bought a Carista OBD2 adaptor. The first thing I've done is activate the Audi Drive Select mod as mine didn't come with it from factory.

Now, I see the ADS option from Comfort to Individual when I select the Car function from MMI.  However, there is no difference to how the car drives and responds. I have followed all the instructions carefully, done it twice but no effect?  Has anyone tried this mod already and can anyone advise what else I can do for the ADS to work please?

Thanks

IMG_20190305_184033.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi mate, to be honest I done the same with my A4 with the Carista and there is not much difference between comfort and dynamic that is the settings I have on mine, dynamic is like sport mode supposedly better throttle response and stiffer handling but can’t really tell much of a difference between the two settings

• 2 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:19 PM, Shan1 said:

Hello all.

I'm new to the forum and a new owner for an Audi S4 Avant S-tronic (b8.5).

Just changed from a F30 335i which was also a great car.

The Quattro system makes the car shoot off the line like a stabbed rat and it sounds much better than the 335i all the way to the red line and gear changes.

So, I have started doing small mods to the car already and bought a Carista OBD2 adaptor. The first thing I've done is activate the Audi Drive Select mod as mine didn't come with it from factory.

Now, I see the ADS option from Comfort to Individual when I select the Car function from MMI.  However, there is no difference to how the car drives and responds. I have followed all the instructions carefully, done it twice but no effect?  Has anyone tried this mod already and can anyone advise what else I can do for the ADS to work please?

Thanks

IMG_20190305_184033.jpg

I had my ADS enabled with a VAGcom / VCDS and it worked properly - changing the performance noticeably, aswell as changing the gear designation in the display to E for Economy or S for Dynamic etc.

Sadly Audi wiped it on a service and I then bought a Carista to re-enable it.  I can confirm the Carista does NOT enable ADS - it only shows it as enabled in the MMI as you rightly stated @Shan1 but it does not alter the vehicle as it should.

I contacted Carista about this, but by the time I got around to implementing verbatim their instructions I sold my 2016 car for a 2019 car so didn't ever get it working.

Drop Carista a line and they will get back to you with exactly what to do.