Air bag warning light

Interlocutor

Hi guys I am new to the owners club and I'm hoping someone can stop me from sending my car to the breakers'! I've been running a B5 off and on for the past 17 years and it has been remarkably reliable for 16 of them. I am attempting to resolve a problem with air-bag warning light and have run out of options. I have tried four different OBD dongles/programs either bought or downloaded and am unable to read or clear fault codes. I have disconnected all of the circuits and emulated the resistance that they should return to the ECU with resistors, but the air-bag light refuses to go out. The VAGCOM option is way too expensive given the value of the car and so I was wondering if there is anyone in the area who has a hand-held device that will work with the B5 who is willing to help out. I am in East Sussex.

• 4 weeks later...

My airbag light has been on for years why do you need to scrap it?

Mine passes the MOT with it on I know where the fault is just not got round to sorting it.