Possible waste gate issue on diesel

MrTapster

Hello,

I'm not sure if this forum is still active or not. if it is, has anyone experienced a sound similar to the old dump valve sounds of the old petrol turbos on their diesel?

Mines a 2.0tdi 170ps from a 2010 special edition C6.

Recently on stop start type journeys when the car is full warmed I've occasionally had a noise which sounds a bit like type of noise you'd had made as a kid when pretending to fire a laser. Only happens when changing gear at low revs. The car behaves normally, in every other way, just a scary noise. Normally rights it's self. 

Only happened 3 times over the past few months, each time when traveling very slowly. My mechanic said it sounds like the waste gate might be sticking. I have a warranty on the car bought through Sytner Select but it needs diagnosing properly before I can make a claim. The car has down 82k

I'm hoping someone has experienced something similar to find out if it's something that might be common and something I can get sorted under the warranty. The car has been well maintained.

Thanks

Hi Chris.....yes this forum is still completely active 🙂

Sounds like a holed intercooler or boost hose, would examine the hoses first, especially after the intercooler (e.g intercooler to intake)

After that then possibly intercooler