Nurburgring trip

Breezey

Anyone here interested in going? ive never been and think it would be great to go with some like minded individuals having just picked up an S3, i spoke to a few of you at Simply Audi in Beaulieu ( sorry forgotten your names Grey RS3 and RS4)

Thoughts ?

• Like 1

Hi Breezy

I own the Grey RS3 and Jon had the RS4 next to me at Simply Audi in Beaulieu. We are looking to go to Nurburgring "Green Hell" for a long weekend too....hopefully August for the weather.

If we can arrange something between us or get a company to arrange the itinerary on our behalf that would be epic.....

Hi Darren,

I’d be happy either way an arranged itinerary we could all chip in for or sort it ourselves. I know a friend of mind is interested in tagging along in my car. More the merrier as there is stacks to do there (pun intended) karting etc.

329 miles from Dover so not all that far for a long weekend! 

August 16-20th looks like a good shout 4 days in a row (the Friday is only a few hours on the evening but could be a good taster for the weekend) 

http://www.biggarage.de/info/touristen.html

Ben

Hi Ben

Great idea......The more the merrier without doubt...

The weekend as suggested 16th to 20th August looks good as the following weekend is this.......

Saturday 24 August - RCN Race 7.  No option to get on track on this day, but an exciting race series to spectate.

Sunday 25 August - Nurburgring Public session 11h00 to 19h00.  This is a good opportunity to get on track for a couple of laps in your own car.

Monday 26 August - Nurburgring Private Trackday .  This is the premium trackday event of the year.  Its a private trackday so traffic will be very limited.......

Lets start with arranging the weekend then Ben, the sooner we book the better as it will become difficult to get accommodation and a good Le Chunnel time too. We need to go via the German Autobahns as we need to thrash the cars for top end too.....looking forward to this so let's do it....

On 5/28/2019 at 7:55 AM, Cornflake said:

Hi Ben

Great idea......The more the merrier without doubt...

The weekend as suggested 16th to 20th August looks good as the following weekend is this.......

Saturday 24 August - RCN Race 7.  No option to get on track on this day, but an exciting race series to spectate.

Sunday 25 August - Nurburgring Public session 11h00 to 19h00.  This is a good opportunity to get on track for a couple of laps in your own car.

Monday 26 August - Nurburgring Private Trackday .  This is the premium trackday event of the year.  Its a private trackday so traffic will be very limited.......

Lets start with arranging the weekend then Ben, the sooner we book the better as it will become difficult to get accommodation and a good Le Chunnel time too. We need to go via the German Autobahns as we need to thrash the cars for top end too.....looking forward to this so let's do it....

Ideal. Well I’m happy with the 16-20th gives us 4 days then to get some track time in, do some spectating and maybe some ring taxi laps. Does this work with John? 

Looking at at the channel tunnel it’s about £70 each way is this about right or available cheaper ? 

Route wise I will look into a preferred route incorporating some autobahn fun!

65EC1E7F-8D4C-4FDA-9053-09A261AB3DC1.png

People are suggesting this route which has some good roads. I’m not sure which motorways are unrestricted is the issue.

i don’t know about anyone else but I would be happy to get out of France as fast as possible (within the limits for obvious reasons).

EF443BC6-8A3D-4E6E-9C86-13E7FA3DDD00.png