Genuine Audi Parts

PaulAFC84

Morning Gents,

I’ve had a problem with the o/s wing mirror on my Avant and I’ve finally discovered what it is, the glass must have been broken previously, however the wing mirror itself and the housing are ok. So whoever had the car previously had glued the glass to the mount.Its becoming quite difficult to see out of while motorway driving now.So my question is, does anyone have any idea where I can get a genuine mirror glass or have any idea how much Audi would charge for the glass? I need to get this fixed ASAP really.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Paul

Hello Paul,

I could well be wrong, but it wouldn’t surprise that the glass isn’t available as a separate item. If it is, I’m not sure what difference fitting a genuine Audi one would make as opposed to the already fitted aftermarket? - if aftermarket. 

You don’t say what your actual issue is - not being able to adjust it properly? Field of vision etc? 

If field of vision, then indeed that could be something to do with whether the current glass is flat or convex. 

A call to your Audi dealer should clear up your concerns.

Kind regards, 

Gareth. 

Hello Gareth,

Thanks for the reply.What is happening is that the glass seemed to be vibrating due to the winds at motorway speed.I had a gentle look yesterday and it seems like the glass, or a replacement has been glued to the mirror backing and has come loose.I’m driving to Somerset in a few weeks and I don’t really want to chance the drive struggling to see out the passenger mirror. I don’t mind buying an aftermarket mirror glass, but I just want to make sure that I can get the right one, and that the mirror heating still works. I’d try and glue it again myself, but I have no idea how to get the mirror mount out and how to realign it afterwards.

Many Thanks

Paul