Register of Encumbered Vehicles check worth the money???

joe77

Hi,

I recently became fortunate enough to call Australia my new home and am in the process of buying my first used car down under. I was advised by some of my new friends to do a REVscheck. Coming from Europe, I don’t really know what this entails. Are there any disadvantages to doing a REVscheck and what does it actually check for besides accidents? Which kind of information would I need to enter in order to do this. What if the owner of the car tries to keep me from performing such a check?

Sorry lots of stupid questions, but would appreciate some brief advice from locals here.

Hello Joe,

Apologies, but as I read your post it infers you are originally from Europe, recently moved to Australia, but located in Chicago ( is there a Chicago in Australia?) Guess there must be. 

I could be wrong, but I fear the specific advice you require may not come in volume from a number of opinions on this U.K. forum. 

Can’t your new friends who offered you the advice to have a Revscheck tell you what it’s all about, and how to progress it for a selected vehicle? Sounds to me like you will get further faster, by asking questions at source. 

Good luck and kind regards, 

Gareth.