Audi Q2 - Service Plan

Smithyyy88

Hi all,

Recently got a new Audi Q2 last month on contract hire. I’ve only got it for 2 years and will do 20,000 miles per annum. 40,000 total contract mileage - approx 70 miles a day - motorway miles.

Im just starting to think about servicing - Audi have quoted £468 for the first 2 services on a service plan.

How often do I need to get the car serviced, bearing in mind how many miles I travel? I have seen conflicting messages - some saying every 9k and some every 18k?

Also - do I need to get it serviced at an Audi dealer - can I go independant but use genuine parts? The main answer i’m looking for is how often my service intervals should be - and basically the bare minimum I can get away with.

Many thanks in advance!

Hello Simon,

I’m sure there are others on here would will be more up to date on this than I am, but my slant on service intervals is -or at least was:- 

The monitoring system can be set for annual servicing if the vehicle covers low mileages, or 

If covering relatively higher than average mileages ( as you do) then it can be set for a Longlife schedule which generally comes up at around 18K depending on your normal journey. 

If (should be in caps) your car had been set on Longlife - and many aren’t since the dealer isn’t able to get you to have it serviced, then you are likely to have two services in your ownership, on this schedule. 

If it were mine, I would be returning with the car and asking them to check which schedule it is set on, and ensure it’s a Longlife one. 

Getting it serviced outside the main dealer? Yes, possibly if the servicing garage uses genuine parts and is VAT registered and I guess had access into the VAG system to record the service information. 

Question is, we use you really want to be arguing/ proving that the out-of-dealership servicing has had no effect on any problem that arises. Worth it for a few tens of pounds saving?? 

Kind regards, 

Gareth.