Let Down by Audi

Hitachizx

New to this site but i thought i would vent my frustrations on here. I have had a new E Tron Launch Edition sat in my local dealership now for 5 weeks with no sign of delivery, Audi will not release the vehicle due to issues with the virtual mirrors which i understand as its a safety issue, what I don’t understand is that a vehicle that took 3 years to develop can have a problem so early in its life that the largest car manufacturer in the work is unable to fix of give timeline as to when i can expect delivery. I’m getting close to cancelling and if the new Mercedes EQC was available I probably would have.

Haven spoke to Audi UK this morning the response is “we cant help you at the moment” pretty poor really. 

Hello Mark,

Sorry to hear of your problem and your understandable frustration. If there is any consolation here, it is that the vehicle is not yet yours, and you are not stuck with progressing the issue or its resolution. 

Cancelling and a Mercedes? Under Mr. Sinclair’s empire? - so your money will go into the same pot. 

Good luck in getting this sorted. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth, it wasn’t so much about giving Mr Sinclair my money more to do with Audi’s attitude recently. I voted with my feet last week and changed my wife’s 2018 RS5 for new BMW M5 competition, but that experience wasn’t much better. Salesman didn’t even know how to use the transmission in the test drive until I pointed him in the right direction then when collecting the car it was dirty. Perhaps German car manufacturers have just become arrogant. 

Hello Mark,

Mr. Sinclair and the money was just mentioned with tongue in cheek. 

It seems you are not currently experiencing the good vibes and joys normally associated with new car buying, and this really should not be. 

I think the days of the marque-experienced salesman is behind us, and might have been replaced by groups of transient sales-course briefed individuals who may not be truly ‘passionate’ about the marque they represent at that moment in time. 

Showing my age, but car salesmen were once known locally for their allegiance and knowledge of the brand they had sold for a decade or two, and if they were forced to move to selling another marque, they then seemed to lose whatever respect they had. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tran$porter said:

Which Audi dealership is? 

The Dealer is Sinclair Audi in Swansea, the issue is not really there fault more of an Audi Germany issue. Ive been reading on other forums that the fix has been released and cars are now being delivered but i still have radio silence over mine. One more week and the cancellation button will be pressed.

• Like 1