cold start

sixgood

Hi and hello to everyone , first time user/member here ,

I have a 2016 A3 1.6 tdi s-a ,just bought it and it still has 21 days left of Audi warranty 

cars done 56500 miles , issue when starting from cold its very lumpy noisy and not that responsive 

this only lasts for a minute or two then all is ok , is this normal for a turbo diesel 

any thoughts would really appreciated 

Hello Graham,

Apologies if this initially appears to be unhelpful, but I really would not waste valuable time in trying to canvas opinion on the forum, when your far better option would be to book it into the main dealer and leave them sort the issue out under warranty. I’m sure you will appreciate that it would be very difficult for anyone to diagnose the actual cause of the problem without examining the car. 

If I may offer you advice:- 

Book the car in without delay and ( most importantly) e-mail them the details of the problem and the date you registered this discontent. If they say they cannot look at the car immediately then it’s even more important to e-mail them with the date and nature of the complaint. As I see it, if you have proof of registering the problem before the warranty expires, then they have a duty to sort it out, even if the resolution takes the time beyond the warranty and expiry date. I’m sure you will see the importance of having proof ( via. e-mail not simply phone call) for this to work. 

Time is of the essence here Graham,

Good luck in sorting it out, and perhaps you would let the forum know how you get on.

Kind regards, 

Gareth. 

On 11/14/2019 at 5:48 PM, Magnet said:

Hello Graham,

Apologies if this initially appears to be unhelpful, but I really would not waste valuable time in trying to canvas opinion on the forum, when your far better option would be to book it into the main dealer and leave them sort the issue out under warranty. I’m sure you will appreciate that it would be very difficult for anyone to diagnose the actual cause of the problem without examining the car. 

If I may offer you advice:- 

Book the car in without delay and ( most importantly) e-mail them the details of the problem and the date you registered this discontent. If they say they cannot look at the car immediately then it’s even more important to e-mail them with the date and nature of the complaint. As I see it, if you have proof of registering the problem before the warranty expires, then they have a duty to sort it out, even if the resolution takes the time beyond the warranty and expiry date. I’m sure you will see the importance of having proof ( via. e-mail not simply phone call) for this to work. 

Time is of the essence here Graham,

Good luck in sorting it out, and perhaps you would let the forum know how you get on.

Kind regards, 

Gareth. 

well Magnet , when I booked car in ,there said e-mail would follow , that hasn't,  ring today to confirm

I'm told  vehicle is booked in , (still no e-mail ) 

lets  see 

What I meant Graham was that you (in caps)  e- mail them (in caps) outlining the problem, so the problem and the date it was raised, is recorded, and most importantly, you (in caps) have the evidence. 

If you are waiting for them to e-mail you, then you are probably in for a long enough wait to have missed the warranty deadline!

Please don’t leave yourself open to that old dodge.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth, had my car in Audi (Stockton on tees ) today was told that the issue regarding noisy/sluggish cold start maybe a TPi 2047310/13 

don't know what that means , but there said that there records show that the car was last inspected at 30,400 miles 

and therefore warranty void , I gave  them recent service detail completed on  57400 miles as requested 

the garage who sold the car to me told me to contact Audi UK ,this  I have done and there are investigating the service history 

any thoughts ?  anybody know what TPl 2047310/13 means 

on the bright side I did get free brake/suspension /exhaust check + valet