Bodywork general cost

Pinkpfeiffer

Hi guys 

Urgh the other day I managed to hit a pillar in a car park. I damaged the door pretty badly, my electric wing mirror and a section underneath the door. I'm not sure what it's called. Do you guys have a rough estimate of how much it will cost? I don't want to get ripped off at a bodywork shop!!

20191207_150936.jpg

20191207_150947.jpg

20191207_150816.jpg

20191207_150839.jpg

20191207_150853.jpg

20191207_150856.jpg

Hello Pink,

Sorry to hear of your tale of woe. 

I can understand you don’t want to get ripped off with the repair of this vehicle, but more importantly I would think you would need to have confidence that you are getting a good job done - not a cheap job. 

Without appearing pessimistic, you’ve done a good job of modifying Audi’s styling! What appears apparent is it will certainly need a new door skin and mirror, and the panel below the door (cill panel) is also damaged and this is a structural part, and to replace it would be comparatively major surgery. To repair it, would to some extent be a bodge, so......? 

Costing?? First and most important aspect is you must have knowledge of the quality of workmanship of the bodyshop you choose to do the job. That’s a difficult one,  and you simply need to ask around for recommendations. Reputable (not too large) used car sites in your area can usually help with recommendations, but get a least a couple of estimates. Most important that you get a good understanding of exactly what they are going to do, and you have confidence in their ability and trustworthiness to do it. 

Do you want a cheap as possible job done? If so, simply do not repair it, but live with it. If you are not too fussy about the quality of the repair but cost is king - again do not repair it - it could stand out like a sore thumb. 

Affect on the wallet?? Expect to pay around £150 for a mirror, possibly around £300 to repaint a door ( excluding cost of door skin and fitting). Cill replacement/repair?? 

Any reason why you don’t get this done on your insurance? I would suggest that if you are in two minds about getting it done on insurance or not, then just don’t approach them in the first place, otherwise they will be privy to your accident and increase your premium. 

Not sure how much of this will help.

Kind regards,

Gareth.