Heated steering wheel mystery

KeithWalter

Does anyone have a new Q3 Sportback with a heated steering wheel?

I've just ordered a top line Vorsprung and that doesn't have one.

Mysteriously though, the 24 hour loan car we just took back has it listed in the Q3 user manual!

• 2 weeks later...

I've just ordered a Q3 Sportback S-Line in Croatia & heated steering wheel wasn't on the options list.

Well we've ordered the top line Vorsprung and it's not possible on that either

The S-Line vehicle we borrowed for 24 hours had the users manual in the glove box and 'Heated Steering Wheel' was mentioned, although the vehicle didn't have it

Go figure!??

Hello Keith,

User manuals are often genetic, and may well list operating instructions for options not available on certain models. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Well not in any 2020 versions of the Q3 in the UK and the manual is written in English, so that narrows it down a bit

Maybe you could help solve the mystery of why heated steering wheels are not an option in the UK on the 2020 Q3 or Q3 Sportback even though it's listed in the Q3 2020 English manual?

Sorry Keith, but I cannot solve the mystery other than having attempted to explain the possible reasoning - no doubt Audi can?? 

Ref. the inference that there is indeed something wrong since the manual is written in English? 

We who drive on the right, very often ignore the fact that we are in a (small) minority when it comes to the overall world car production which is very highly biased to left hand drive, and car design is invariably built up and developed in LHD form - as we now well  know - outside of the U.K, and being outside the UK, the manuals will be written in the manufacturer’s language and translated (in caps but I try not to shout!) into English. On top of this, it is highly likely that the manuals are largely generic - but I am repeating myself and boring everyone. 

As a matter of interest, if you look at TV adverts for cars, they are now generally shown in LHD form and even have caveats written on the bottom of the screen to effect that ...’ might not get all of the colours in all of the size in the UK! ....’

To box it up Keith, it seems you have to accept that the HSW options are not an option! , in this case, so I guess it’s no HSW, or moving to another manufacturer who can give you want is important to you. 

Sorry I cannot offer any more theories or possible explanations, but I would be surprised if the truth does not rest within some of the above.

Kind regards,

Gareth.