New member from Somerset

halfwell 3

Just purchased an A3 SE technic 2.0 tdi on a 65 plate. First registered 080915. When I put the VIN into a search engine it comes up as a 2016 car. Is there a reason for this? The car is my wife's really to replace a venerable 10 plate Renault Laguna sportwagon which has 172000 trouble free miles on the clock and has served us well. It is still serving us as I have inherited it to use as the dog's transport (not allowed in the Audi!) I have registered for my Audi successfully except it tells me to contact my Audi dealer to get info from the vin number. Is there a reason for this?

Hello Steven, 

Many thanks for joining in. 

Re. search engines and VIN s:- I think it’s fair to say they are reasonably accurate, but may be linking your particular car to the 2016 model year, rather than the date of first registration - which it’s unlikely to relate to. 

If this were mine, I would be paying a visit to your local dealer, armed with the V5 in your name, and enquiring there for a build record print out. I find the parts folks are the ones who tend to take their time and help out, rather than the service or sales personnel. 

Perhaps you could let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Sorry Steven, no I don’t, but a visit as suggested, should result in some clarification. Recall?? If so beware! 

Perhaps you could let us know how you get on. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.