2.0 TDI (140) BRE - EGR Delete

SoyaCo

I recently bought a 2007 Audi A6 with the 2.0 TDI (140bhp) BRE engine, but I've noticed a loss of coolant and have read that the EGR on these engines can leak the coolant into the engine, so I'm looking to delete the EGR entirely to see if this fixes the issue.

I've noticed that there's two types of EGR delete kits around, one with just blanking plates and one which seems to be like a replacement pipe (see attached image).

What's the difference between the two kits? One is quite a bit more expensive...

• 2 months later...

You need the one with the pipe then you wil need someone to remove it from the ecu or your eml will stay on. 

The pipe goes in place of the cooler and you can check the cooler for leaks etc and if it's decent they sell well on eBay

Darkside developments do the delete kit I am planning on doing this with mine. Mine has Ben mapped so I am currently replacing turbo cleaning intake Manifold egr valve removing erg cooler and doing my timing belt for good measures.