Audi coupe 1993 rear shocks

Frani

First timer here needing help. 
I’ve a 1993 80 coupe 2.6, struggling to find rear shocks with the same spring seat height as the originals I’m trying to replace. Aftermarket ones I’ve tried have the the spring seat 10mm higher than o.e boge shocks making the rear end sit far too high. I was told this car had a sport suspension set up from new but not sure about this myself. Can anyone shed some light on this please. 
many thanks mark. 

Hello Mark,

The only true reference I have from my ageing car catalogue is for First Line shock absorbers , but I’m pretty sure they have long since given up s/a after market supplies. 

Having said that, the numbers may be useful for cross referencing purposes:- 

Rear non sport for the 1991 to 1995 series would have been FSA5165G for gas or 5165 for hydraulic. 

If sport suspension, then the number would have been FSA5022G.

Strangely, there is another reference to ‘.....exc. sport suspension -optional sport driving’ and the part number would then have been FSA 5213G. 

I also have a Kayaba (KYB) catalogue, but that appears less precise, but quotes 341901 or 341130 ( both gas) but excludes sports suspension. It lists 341132 for the rears for sports suspension. 

I’m not sure if any of the above will be of help, but if it were mine, I would be talking with KYB Technical in the U.K. I’ve found them very helpful in the past. Open due to Covid? 

Kind regards, 

Gareth. 

Take it you have searched eBay.? 

47 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Hello Mark,

The only true reference I have from my ageing car catalogue is for First Line shock absorbers , but I’m pretty sure they have long since given up s/a after market supplies. 

Having said that, the numbers may be useful for cross referencing purposes:- 

Rear non sport for the 1991 to 1995 series would have been FSA5165G for gas or 5165 for hydraulic. 

If sport suspension, then the number would have been FSA5022G.

Strangely, there is another reference to ‘.....exc. sport suspension -optional sport driving’ and the part number would then have been FSA 5213G. 

I also have a Kayaba (KYB) catalogue, but that appears less precise, but quotes 341901 or 341130 ( both gas) but excludes sports suspension. It lists 341132 for the rears for sports suspension. 

I’m not sure if any of the above will be of help, but if it were mine, I would be talking with KYB Technical in the U.K. I’ve found them very helpful in the past. Open due to Covid? 

Kind regards, 

Gareth. 

Take it you have searched EBay.? 

Thanks Gareth. That’s most helpfull,I have kyb’s on at the moment and they’re too high but I can chase the part numbers now with my local suppliers and see what’s available. Scowered eBay last night and have found a set in Germany which are a simple clip and groove height adjustment so at least there’s options. 

• Like 1