Manufacture date on a Audi A5.

Ken A5

Hello I have a A5 S line coupe 2010 I am trying to get a new private number plate on it.

For the new plate the car has to be made after 2003 thinking my 2010 A5 would be fine I purchased the plate, To be told the car manufacturing date 1996 first registered 2010.

How can this be the first A5 coupe was only manufactured in 2007.

Ken.

2 hours ago, Magnet said:

Have you checked your V5 document Ken? 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Yes the V5 has just the first registration date (2010) not the year of manufactur.

But when checked online  the manufacturing year is 1996, I can only think that a certain part of the Audi A5 was designed or made in 1996.

Hello Ken,

Almost certain it’s a typo. Has the car always been in NI or has it come into NI at any time in its lifetime? 

Have you challenged this with DVLA? Swansea? Am I right in thinking there isn’t any licensing office in NI anymore. 

I’m pretty sure there are on line enquiry systems where you can input your VIN - no doubt someone on here will advise, or just Google Audi VIN Checker or similar. 

Failing all of that, your Audi dealer ( if yet open)  should be able to give you a build record print out. If they can, ensure they stamp it or letter head it to show authenticity. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

2 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Ken,

Almost certain it’s a typo. Has the car always been in NI or has it come into NI at any time in its lifetime? 

Have you challenged this with DVLA? Swansea? Am I right in thinking there isn’t any licensing office in NI anymore. 

I’m pretty sure there are on line enquiry systems where you can input your VIN - no doubt someone on here will advise, or just Google Audi VIN Checker or similar. 

Failing all of that, your Audi dealer ( if yet open)  should be able to give you a build record print out. If they can, ensure they stamp it or letter head it to show authenticity. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thank you Gareth the car as always been in NI, I will check the vin number to see what it comes up with.

The DVLA are not answering phone calls due to Covid 19 and their email address is well hidden in the website. 

Ken.

But when checked online  the manufacturing year is 1996, I can only think that a certain part of the Audi A5 was designed or made in 1996.

Hi,

I too have an interest in Audi manufacture dates. Sadly despite trying, not got very far. Can you give a website where you looked up the manufacture date please? My interest is 1980's MY's. I have drawn a complete blank (so far) on identifying anything. Prior to 17 digit VIN,  early (all?) 80's had 10 digits. What the order of those 10 digits might tell us another blank! Some USA website talk about manufacture years shown on a build sheet on an inside rear wheel arch or driver door pillar. I would take a wild guess the USA had (still have?) a different system to the UK

Thanks