A6 Avant Suspension Fault

ShaunAustin

Hi all,

In mid march (right at the start of lockdown) the F/O suspension coil broke on my 2015 Avant TDI (Auto). The car is covered by a 2 year Audi warranty. Audi service centers have been shut ever since lockdown and Audi won't even confirm if the fault is covered without inspecting the vehicle.

I've been quoted a price of £200 by a local garage. This includes approx £30 for recovering the vehicle (I'm local, so only about half a mile).

Is that reasonable? It's frustrating since I've been waiting for Audi to open so I can get it fixed under warranty, however, although the showrooms are open, the service centers aren't. 

Any advice would be great.

Cheers,

Shaun 

Hello Shaun,

I wouldn’t hold your breath about Audi renewing this under your warranty. I could well be taken as ‘damage’ and therefore unlikely to be covered. 

Your quote of c£170 for renewing one? spring at a local garage - not that cheap/competitive I would have thought, so why not get a couple more quotes before deciding. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Hi Gareth. Thanks for your reply. I tend to agree regarding the warranty, I think coil springs are often blamed on the road surface. It's been frustrating because Audi wouldn't give me any answer without seeing the car.

I have since got another quote from a local garage which was well over £300, so on that basis £200 including recovery seems reasonable. 

Cheers,

Shaun

• Like 1