A4 Concert - IPhone Music adapter

AlexA4Red

Hi there,

I have just picked up a 2010 B8 A4 Avant and am trying to work out what i adapter i need in order to play my iphone music (spotify) through the speakers. After looking at various forums i can't get a clear consensus of what works for my concert stereo (which has B&O speakers). The software version is SW0350, but i can't work out what version MMI i have. I've tried buying an adaptor on eBay but it doesnt work, also considering the Bovee Tune2Air but its alot more expensive then most adapters 

Can anyone recommended a bluetooth or cable adapter that will work with my MMI and allow me to play music on my iphone. 

Thanks Alex 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Alex,

Having purchased a 2011 B8 A4 two days ago I have been researching options and come up with the following:

I ended up pulling the trigger on the Bronze option last night, arrived today via amazon. It is plug and play, works well and automatically reconnects as as soon as you return to car. Apple play would be nice for Maps / Waze etc but it has a punchy price tag.

Thanks

Fraser

• 2 weeks later...

I also use a cheap ~£30 bluetooth adapter. Works well and auto connects when I start the car, I would prefer steering wheel controls but I can live without it.

I have set my phone to launch Android Auto on connection, which has the voice recognition so I just shout at my phone to change tracks and playlists.

Hi I am the owner of a 2019 A3. I have been able to listen to music off of my iPhone via the Bluetooh connection but I want to be able to display the album cover from my mp3 library. Via the Bluetooth I only get a bland generic picture. I was able to to that on my Mercedes A180 via a special connector with and Apple dock pin which would connect into the USB port. I used to have a 2013 A3 and there again with a special cable I bought from Audi I could display the cover picture on the MMI. My new Audi onlu has a USB port and the user manual indicates that it could possible but does not specify the connector required or the Apple iPod generation required as well. Anyone else has a suggestion?