Locating blend door actuator on heater box of 1990 Audi coupe B3

IHK 11

Hi ive got a 1990 Audi coupe 2.3e B3 that has a heater which isnt getting hot enough. Ive changed the coolant,  thermostat, cleaned every hose, fixed a leaking hose, flushed and bled the system but although my heater is slightly warmer it isnt hot like it should be or was on my old coupe. Ive been doing a lot of research and found out that there is something called a heater actuator which has a blend door which should open to let heat into the cabin attached to the heater box located in the dashboard behind the heater controls. Although you need to take the dashboard out to fix this which is something i wouldnt feel confident enough to do i can get close to the heater box by going in through the glovebox once removed or by removing the facia panel under the dash above the pedals on the drivers side. What i need to know is does anyone know if the heater actuator is on the top of the heater box, below it, to the passenger side of it, to the drivers side of it or behind it. If i could find out then i can try and see it just incase the blend door isnt open enough and maybe i could get in there just enough to open it. Any help, advice or tips would be very much appreciated. Thanks Ian!!!