LITTLE ADVICE PLEASE

kevgem2

Hi there, I am looking at buying another audi can any one recommend a vehicle to have a look at please? 

I will be looking at cars around 5,000 to 6,000 mark tops so obviously not a new one lol but will be new to me I was thinking an A4- (B4) or A6- (C6) event/estate car, engine not that shore about and with an automatic gear box I am in two minds about diesel or petrol ?

most of the time I am just doing short journeys but come the spring and summer I can be doing a lot of motorway miles and would benefit from a good mpg ?

the criteria, is a estate car that has a good turn of speed when needed, can handle a bendy road and not having to be at the fuel pumps every five minuets lol

looking forward to peoples views ?

thanks kev

If short journeys I'd say petrol. For service history is a must. And at the price range u suspect the cambelt/water pumps will need changing. So check to see if it's been done. Make sure gear changes are smooth and not jerky. 

thanks for your reply, any advice on which petrol engine to loot for ?

there is quiet a big choice, which one of the engines would offer me a good turn of speed when needed and decent  mpg + has a proven reliable strong engine?

many thanks kev

p.s at how many miles do audi recommend a cam belt change?

i must admit the allroad has caught  my eye but the air suspension worries me from what I have heard its not if it goes wrong its when it goes wrong and they are big buks to get sorted

cheers kev

p.s I thought the allroads where all diesels ? 

Diesel allroads are more common, but petrol ones do exist, but only in 2.0TFSI only. I do not believe they are all air suspension though, I thought it was an option. 

I think these videos might help: 

Cheers

Steve

thanks for the links Steve, I always thought Audi's where a well put together car and capable of very high miles ?

didn't realize they had so many potential problems ?

I suppose  all cars have there own weaknesses' it just seams as if there is quite a lot when they are all pointed out to you at the same time,

cheers kev

40 minutes ago, kevgem2 said:

thanks for the links Steve, I always thought Audi's where a well put together car and capable of very high miles ?

didn't realize they had so many potential problems ?

I suppose  all cars have there own weaknesses' it just seams as if there is quite a lot when they are all pointed out to you at the same time,

cheers kev

You're welcome 🙂 maintenance is key. My 2002 a6 which my dad bought new, and I now own has done 332k on the original engine and gearbox. You want a car with full history bwhich is well cared for. Even if it costs you more to purchase it should stand you in good stead in the long run