Massive oil leak

Jenksowen

Massive oil leak after having fly wheel fitted on my 2008 2.0 s line auto! It pours out mainly when parked! Mechanic already admitted he damaged seal when putting fly wheel in and ordered a new one and said he had sorted it before I had it back! Drove it today after picking it up and it just pours oil everywhere when parked and I mean pours out!
please help,us this the mechanics fault and hopefully no extra cost to myself or hard to say? It wasn’t leaking like this before it went in so I don’t want to be fobbed off with another issue! He is a mate so I don’t think he will!  

Edited by Jenksowen
Just more info

Hello James, 

I don’t see an issue in getting your mechanic mate to agree to rectify this - as he has agreed to do that. 

Two points I see moving forward are:- when is he actually going to rectify this for you? Have a agreed a start and importantly, a finish time for this to be carried out? It seems the car isn’t useable - or at least, you simply shouldn’t use it until it’s fixed. 

Second point:- since he knew he damaged the oil seal, why on earth didn’t he simply replace it then? How much confidence would the average person be expected to have in relation to this person’s ability to carry out such work? 

Kind regards,

Gareth.