Q5 MMI

Trundle

My 2017 Q5 MMI has a problem,  I last used my google earth nav system on Monday 16th and everything was fine, went to use it yesterday and it's now "fuzzy" (out of focus) the map road names etc is fine but google earth is out of focus?

I've watched people on Youtube doing the 3 button reset but I'm reluctant to do so until I've heard from the experts (you guys).  If I do the 3 button reset will I have to re-programme all my settings back ? 

You can do the reset without it effecting your settings, I have a Q7 and have done it a few times without issue. However, I also have issues with Google  Maps and the car connecting to My Audi Destinations and it transpires my car has a recall on it for an MMI issue. It’s going in next week which I hope will fix it. 

I've just managed to get through to Audi Colchester who are chasing for me, however the engineer I spoke to is going to talk to Audi connect as my car is just over 3 years old, he believes my "contract" wasn't renewed if that's the case they'll renew for me (free at the moment) watch this space .

Would like to add that I've not been asked to renew Audi connect 

Update.......not sure as I'm new here whether this is BIG news or you guys (gals) know already but following a visit to Colchester  Audi yesterday I can revel the following:- All pre 2018 Audi's (mines 2017) 3D Goole Earth function's will cease by end Dec 2020!!!!  Apparently the agreement between Audi and Google Earth comes to a end  Dec31st.  I'm reliably informed that it's down to Google Earth NOT AUDI , it just so happens mines one of the first to be affected.  Now this raises several issues the first is I've not received any info on the subject, I was informed that my warrantee was about to expire (end of August ) which I extended, my roadside assistance was also renewed at the same time but NOTHING about the Nav system.  Now my car is going in Monday to have the problem sorted apparently Audi have written their own system????   (If anybody can confirm this please, I appreciate it)  once it's been done I'll come back here to give update.............HOWEVER if anybody here is about to purchase a 2018/17 Audi please ask about the Google Earth issue it could save you some money. Opps just realised while writing this I never asked about cost

Update on my Nav system................took my car in yesterday and Colchester Audi sorted it for me, gave my MMI system an "update" (took about two hours) and everything now works fine. The look of the new Nav display is slightly different from the old Google Earth but is of equal quality. Best of it is they done it for nothing well done Colchester Audi