Rear Passenger Door not opening

GWall

Hello

This first time on this forum.. go easy on me.. just looking for some advice please.

The door won't open from the outside in my 2015, A6. The handle feels very movable as if it's not catching. 

Opens from inside fine.

Any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks. 

Gareth.

So today, the rear door opened from the outside. Opened about 5 times in a row, then on the 6th time it didn't open. A sticky locking mechanism? Need greased? What are your thoughts?

Hi, try opening the door and inspecting the latch mechanism, I had this with my A6 I use as a taxi, but mine was the other way round the door wouldn't shut, this was because the plastic coating they put on the latch had degraded and occasionally formed its own little ball and stops the latching hook from operating freely, after I got fed up with it one night I attacked the door latch mechanism with a pair of needle nosed pliers and derided most of the plastic that was hanging off and poked in a big portion of anti seize paste which seems to have done the trick, it seems to be a bit of a silly design when you in theory have to replace the latch because a two bob piece of heat shrink plastic has decided to play up.